Friday, January 25, 2013

It's Been a Long time...

I have not posted a blog for a while.  In part, because I have been busy.  There have been a few changes around here.

First, I have a new job, which I really enjoy.  It has been a learning curve, but I think that things are coming together well.

The girls are done with their first semester of school.  Little One is in Kindergarten and LOVES to read.  I can't believe how quickly she picks things up.  Teen is in 8th grade.  She tolerates it because it means she gets to see her friends.

Little One just started piano lessons this week.  She wants to practice 2 times a day - how long can I get this to last?

Teen has had several months of clarinet lessons and is doing well, despite her reluctance to follow through.  She'd quit in a minute, but we're trying to develop perseverance here.

On the agenda for the next year is to wrap up seminary - graduation is on June 1st.  And I'm trying to work on my eating habits and exercise.  I think I'm going to sign up for another half marathon, probably one of the disney ones.  Hopefully that will motivate me (although it did not last time)!

0 comments: